Tips for the ThM (roundup)
Here are all of the “Tips for the Th.M.” that I’ve posted so far. If anyone has suggestions for further posts, please let me know.
- Tips for the ThM – part 1 (journal articles)
- Tips for the ThM – part 2 (strong arguments)
- Tips for the ThM – part 3 (concise arguments)
- Tips for the ThM – part 4 (criticism)
- Tips for the ThM – part 5 (concise answers)
- Tips for the ThM – part 6 (I don’t know)
- Tips for the ThM – part 7 (summarizing research)
- Tips for the ThM – part 8 (writing proposals)
- Tips for the ThM – part 9 (the proposal process)
- Tips for the ThM – part 10 (picking a topic)
- Tips for the ThM – part 11 (finding a topic)
- Tips for the ThM – part 12 (writing a big thesis)
- Tips for the ThM – part 13 (writing the perfect resume)
- Tips for the ThM – part 14 (good quotes)
- Tips for the ThM – part 15 (over-research-itis)
Posted on December 29, 2010, in Th.M. Program and tagged Academic Papers, Master of Theology, Th.M., Writers Resources, writing tips. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.
I’m skimming through a number of these, and they provide quality advice. I’m tempted to print them out and make them available to students in my own courses. Would you be adverse to this?
Please feel free to use them with your students. I certainly have no problem with that. And if you do, let me know if you get any good feedback.
Marc; you have offered sound advice for all students and not just those at THm level.
I’m currently studying a BCm and prayerfully intend to follow with a masters and Phd… and you have given me much insight into improving how I currently study.
That’s great. Feel free to let me know if these can be improved in any way or if you have suggestions for other posts.
I feel these are both great tips not only for the Th.M. student but for the Th.D. (or Ph.D.) student as well.
I’m glad you liked them. And, you’re right, the basic skills of academic writing are the same at every level, though hopefully the quality of research and depth of thinking improves.
Pingback: Writing a ThM | Biblical Paths
Pingback: New Th.M. Scholarships at Western Seminary « scientia et sapientia
Pingback: New Th.M. Scholarships at Western Seminary | The Western Seminary Blog
Pingback: Tips for the ThM – part 16 (how to use a journal article) « scientia et sapientia
Pingback: Tips for the Th.M. – Part 17 (Analyzing Theological Texts) « scientia et sapientia
Pingback: How to destroy your own research paper in one simple step « scientia et sapientia
Pingback: To Write Better Papers, Kill Unnecessary Clutter « scientia et sapientia