- Andrew Perriman offers some reflections on Anthony Thiselton’s Hermeneutics of Doctrine and the way it is helping him reconsider the legitimacy of doctrine in relationship to biblical interpretation. On a similar note, Justin Taylor discusses Vern Poythress’s view on the matter and offers links to a couple of further resources.
- Paul Alexander explains why the Gospel of John needs to be an equal partner with the Synoptics in constructing our understanding of the historical Jesus and the impact this would have on standard methodological principles. (HT Jim West)
- Jason Goroncy offers a lengthy excerpt from Rowan William’s recent address on the topic of forgiveness.
- Brian LePort offers a roundup of recent posts on the role of women in the church.
- And, a church in Brazil has gotten permission to move forward with its $200m replica of Solomon’s temple.