- InternetMonk presents a powerful and moving reflection on the personal brutality of sickness and death from the recently widowed wife of Michael Spencer.
- Andy Naselli has posted links to several resources on Keswick theology in connection with his recently released Let Go and Let God? A Survey and Analysis of Keswick Theology.
- Scotteriology offers a fun analogy for understanding and critiquing biblical scholarship when it forgets that the proper context for Bible study is the worshiping community.
- Tom Gilson explains why he thinks that people who are arguing in favor of a traditional view of marriage are at a rhetorical disadvantage.
- The Boston Globe has posted a large collection of their most striking (and maddening) pictures from the Gulf oil spill.
- And the NYT reports that they have now discovered huge deposits of valuable minerals in Afghanistan, enough to transform their entire economy. I really hope I’m wrong, but I’m pretty sure that we humans will find a way to use this gift to make the situation even worse.