Posted by Marc Cortez
- Christopher Benson discusses whether Christianity entails a particular metaphysics, citing William Hasker in favor of the idea that although Christianity itself is not a metaphysical system, it does imply one.
- Pete Enns discusses the image of God, offering a pretty standard functional understanding of the image as kingly representation.
- Koinonia has posted an excerpt from Craig Blomberg’s commentary on James discussing why “Not many of you should presume to be teachers.”
- Mark Stevens has completed round one of his Christian scholars grudge match. The only disappointment was that Brueggemann lost to Waltke – clearly a tragedy.
- Phil Sumpter discusses why the early Christians were persecuted.
- Joel has a great interview with Matt Mikalatos about his book Imaginary Jesus.
- Westminster books is offering the 5-volume The Essential Edwards Collection at 50% off.
- Adam Kirsch explains why he thinks Slavoj Zizek is the most despicable philosopher in the West.
- And, an article at Religion Dispatches, “Medieval Multitasking: Did We Ever Focus?“, argues that medieval manuscripts have more in common with modern technology than we might think.