- Joel Watts is wrestling with what makes David such a great king when he was such a miserable person (see here and here).
- iMonk has some great reflections on the fact that you can’t “try before you buy” when it comes to Jesus.
- Mike Bird wants everyone to stop using the synergism/monergism distinction when talking about salvation. Although I still find the distinction helpful in some ways, he’s right that it clouds over a number of important nuances.
- Here some good thoughts on why you should read John Wesley. HT
- Nijay Gupta is giving away a copy of his recently published dissertation, Worship that Makes Sense to Paul: A New Approach to the Theology and Ethics of Paul’s Cultic Metaphors.
- And, according to Oxfam Dan Brown books top the list of books people are trying the hardest to get rid of. That’s not particularly good news for those of us who write like Dan Brown.