Posted by Marc Cortez
- Glenn Beck’s rally has garnered lots of attention (see especially here). Probably my favorite so far is from a Slate.com article describing it as “the overall effect was large, vague, moist, and undirected: the Waterworld of white self-pity.”
- iMonk has started on the three stream in the new evangelical coalition: the New Calvinism.
- Paul Helm discusses the criticism that a pre-temporal covenant of redemption between the three persons of the Trinity opens to door to an implicit tritheism. Instead, he contends that the ideas of perichoresis and coinherence protect from tritheism, even while maintaining sufficient distinction between the persons to allow room for covenantal relations.
- Carl Trueman reflects on the value of ministering in smaller churches.
- William Black discusses the Scripture/authority article in most evangelical statements of faith and how they relate to the Orthodox understanding of Scripture and Tradition.
- And, if you’re feeling the need to reorient your Monday, try this. Go to Google, type in “elgooG,” and hit “I’m Feeling Lucky.” That should get things turned around.
the overall effect was large, vague, moist, and undirected: the Waterworld of white self-pitthe overall effect was large, vague, moist, and undirected: the Waterworld of white self-pityy