Posted by Marc Cortez
- Trevin Wax addresses the question, “What Is a Personal Blog If Not Self-Promotion?“
Motivation matters here. Yes, personal blogs may be a tool of self-promotion. That’s a given. But if the blogger is motivated solely by the desire to self-promote, then the blog is about building a readership for the blogger’s benefit rather than for the reader’s benefit.
- Kyle Roberts discusses The New Apologetics.
For some, the term “apologetics” has taken on too many negative connotations to continue to be useful. They believe it is time to dispense with the term altogether. I am not convinced. Saving the term, however, is less important than revitalizing and re-contextualizing the concept. Christians need to continue to talk about the best way to communicate the heart of the gospel and the saving message of Christ in compelling and coherent ways. To that end, apologetics (or whatever one may call it) should be evangelistic, integrative, holistic, communal, and contextual.
Because we worship our way into sin, ultimately we need toworship our way out.
- Jason Hood discusses the problem with Eric Metaxas’ Bonhoeffer biography.
- Justin Taylor asks if we’ve recovered the Holy Spirit that prior generations forgot.
- And, here’s a list of the 10 Worst National Anthem Renditions.