Flotsam and jetsam (12/12)
- Greg Peters questions the practice of going “on retreat” to get spiritually renewed: “What if local churches became the real centers of spiritual renewal in the life of the evangelical church? What if retreats were unnecessary because the local church met its member’s spiritual needs by way of daily or, at least, near-daily worship services?”
- Money Matters: Do I Have to Give? Tim Challis is writing an interesting series answering the questions Do I have to give?, How am I to give?, Where am I to give?, and How much should I give?
- Jesus Ripped Up Santa’s List: “we like the list. We like the neat and tidy categories that the list offers and the obvious ramifications of our behavior.”
- Churchill for Pastors: 5 Leadership Lessons: “Pastors can identify with the ups and downs of Churchill’s career. His quips inspire them. And his triumphs and tragedies can even teach us a thing or two (or five) about leadership.”
- Deals of the Day: Tim Challies lists a number of good Kindle deals. And Credo is giving away some great books from Baker.
- A Brief History of the Apocalypse offers a fascinating timeline of predictions about the end of the world.
- If you’re getting tired of fantasy football or fantasy baseball, try Fantasy Curling.
- For a little self-reflection, try What Your Favorite ’80s Band Says About You.
Just for Fun