Flotsam and jetsam (11/15)
- The Megachurch Bubble: “Are we seeing the maturation of the megachurch movement into a sustainable and long-term model for the American church? Or, like Wile E. Coyote, is the ground going to suddenly disappear under its feet? Let’s look more closely at the numbers.”
- USA Today: Can evangelicals fill John Stott’s shoes?
- Kevin DeYoung and Greg Gilbert’s book What Is the Mission of the Church continues to generate a buzz. Ed Stetzer offered a thoughtful review, to which DeYoung and Gilbert have now responded. And don’t miss Michael Horton’s review as well.
- Don Carson pushes us to think more critically about spiritual disciplines.
- Neuroscience Challenges Old Ideas about Free Will, an interesting interview with a contemporary neuroscientist.
- Here’s an amazing collection of pictures: 13 Images from National Geographic’s Photo Contest.
Just for Fun
- And, here are 11 Scientists Who Experimented on Themselves