Flotsam and jetsam (11/11)
- Tim Gombis was a wonderful post on how to hear a story, very helpful for teaching people how to read a parable.
- If you haven’t been reading this series, I strongly recommend Tim Raymond’s on how seminarians can learn to preach to normal people (part 1,part 3, part 3).
- Why I Am a Credobaptist: Justin Taylor points out some good resources on believer’s baptism.
- Stephen Prothero argues that ‘Personhood’ Failure Shows Myth of Christian Takeover: “To me, what Mississippi’s voters are telling us is that the New Atheists and the Christian Right both have it wrong. No, the country is not being overrun by crazy Christians. But neither is it being overrun by secular humanists.”
- Deal of the Day: Don’t forget about the Great Kickoff Giveaway over at Western’s new Transformed blog. Lot’s of great books being given away over there.
- Older siblings are smarter. Great, I lost a few IQ points just by being the younger sibling.
Just for Fun