Flotsam and jetsam (10/18)
- Must Read of the Day: The Evangelical Rejection of Reason. This NYT essay is a great example of how conservative evangelicals are being portrayed in the popular media. But, it’s also a good example of rhetoric gone awry. Regardless of what you think of the issues, this kind of attack job is unhelpful.
- American Magazine argues that churches can never replace federal programs for taking care of the poor and needy.
- Scot McKnight responds to Michael Horton’s review of The King Jesus Gospel.
- Gregg Allison argues for The Clarity and Sufficiency of Scripture.
- According to Craig Blomberg, the most important statistic never kept in church is how many people have stopped attending because of your ministry.
- Check out the list of the most-downloaded movies of all time (which is not all that long, considering). Then for a strange contrast, the Netflix top-ten of all time is included as well.
- Lifehacker explains how to get 50GB of free online storage.
Just for Fun
- And, here are the Top 10 Legal Addictions.