Flotsam and jetsam (7/27)
- Scot McKnight explains why lifestyle is not evangelism. “Without proclamation, there is no gospeling or Gospel.” (HT Trevin Wax)
- iMonk offers a really nice summary of key themes in Thomas Merton. This is worth checking out if you want to get a handle on one of the most influential spiritual writers of the 20th century.
- In one of the better-written diatribes against megachurches, Carl Trueman explains why the Reformation is nearly over.
- Steve Witmer looks at The Gospel according to Jonah.
- USA Today reports on Rob Bell leaving Mars Hill.
- In what they’re calling an example of “old school social networking,” a man throws 4,800 bottles in the sea and gets 3,100 responses from all over the world.
Just for Fun
- And, here are the Top 10 Books Lost to Time.