Flotsam and jetsam (9/15)
- The inerrancy debate continues (how long have we been saying that?). Two posts that you’ll definitely want to check out are Al Mohler’s The Devil Is in the Details: Biblical Inerrancy and the Licona Controversy and Mike Bird’s Michael Licona on the Resurrection of Jesus. And, they’re now working on a multiple views of inerrancy book with Peter Enns, John Franke, Kevin Vanhoozer, Mike Bird, and Al Mohler. That should be a great resource when it’s done.
- Richard Stearns looks at the Christian Tradition of Healthcare.
- In a world of constant communication, we really need to think more about listening: A Short Theology of Listening (HT Tim Challies).
- Carol Howard Merritt offers some good thoughts on Seven Things Guys Need to Know about Post-Evangelical Women.
- And, if you’re feeling a bit stressed today, here’s some Gospel Balm for Control Freaks Like Me
- Do not listen to Pat Robertson. Enough said.
- Deal of the Day: Koinonia is giving away a copy of Folly, Grace, and Power: The Mysterious Act of Preaching.
Just for Fun
- Here’s a list of 11 Things You Won’t Believe Governments Have Banned. My favorite: banning reincarnation without prior consent. The one I agree with: banning Marmite.