Flotsam and jetsam (Labor Day edition)
I’m taking the day off today because it’s International Bacon Day! To celebrate, here’s a list of 8 essential bacon hacks. And, since it’s a holiday, here’s a completely random list of mostly worthless (but still fascinating) links). Don’t work too hard today. And, have some bacon.
- Since many others are taking the day off for Labor Day, here are the Top 10 Labor Day Conspiracies and 7 Things You Don’t Need to Know about Labor Day.
- An interesting piece at NYT considers the idea that Novelists Predict Future With Eerie Accuracy.
- If you’d like to test your Star Wars geek-level, here’s a Star Wars alphabet game (I could name about half). Or, you could go with something completely different and read EW’s Stop hating George Lucas and stop loving ‘Star Wars’ so much.
- Forgive me for slipping in something mildly educational, but this was pretty interesting: the Top 10 Myths about Ancient Egypt.
- Here are 18 Famous TV Roles Originally Played by Someone Else (Gilligan’s Island would have been completely different).
- One a slightly more sober note, here’s a list of 12 Celebrities Who Have Killed People.
- And, what day off would be complete without A Tribute to the Grilled Cheese Sandwich