Flotsam and jetsam (1/27)
Though most churches have a website, there is a divide between congregations that use their sites only for one-way communication and those that maximize their online presence with interactive technology.
- Al Mohler discusses Joel Osteen’s recent comments about homosexuality.
Joel Osteen found himself forced to answer a question that every Christian — and certainly every Christian leader — will be forced to answer. When that moment comes, and come it will, those who express confidence in the Bible’s teaching that homosexuality is a sin will find themselves facing the same shock and censure from the very same quarters.
- Fred Sanders interviews Shaun Williams on teaching Augustine’s Confessions to middle schoolers.
The 14 year old is ripe for the picking in terms of Augustine’s discussions of sin, God, prayer, etc. The narrative and reflective style of the book is perfect for having Socratic and mind-blowing moments with 8th graders.
- Here’s an inspiring list of 10 Great Philanthropists Who Are Kids
- CNN has a fun list of 7 internet sins that could make you go viral with your friends.
- And, the Old Spice Guy is back.