Around the water cooler
Here are some interesting posts from wherever:
- Tim Challies has a fabulous post asking you to guess which of various statements came from a fortune cookie, and which ones are from Joel Osteen. Definitely worth checking out. (I didn’t do very well.)
- Over on the main Western blog , Brian is posting a series of interviews with Douglas Estes on his book, Sim Church: Being the Church in the Viritual World. Make sure you’re following along with that.
- Jenny Hwang explains why Christians should oppose Arizona’s new immigration law. This comes the day after a group of evangelical leaders issued a statement calling for an “earned citizenship” approach to immigration reform rather than amnesty.
- The New York Times has a piece covering Pope Benedict’s most recent remarks on the sex abuse scandal.
- The Mojave Desert cross has been stolen. As a bonus, though, there’s a $25,000 reward if you find it.
Posted on May 12, 2010, in Uncategorized and tagged amnesty, Douglas Estes, earned citizenship, immigration, Joel Osteen, new Arizona law, Pope Benedict XVI, sex scandal, Sim Church, The Church. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.